What is the Vision for the continent of Africa? (Thoughts of a VfA Leadership Meeting)
WHAT IS THE VISION FOR THE CONTINENT OF AFRICA?
1. MAMA MARIA CAME ON A MISSION
@ HAVE WE UGANDANS RECEIVED HER?
@ WHAT IS THIS MISSION?
@ She left everything and followed the leadership of the Holy Spirit
@ We have always wondered why she never went to the neighboring countries.
@ God saw us in Uganda and knew the people who will cease this vision are here.
@ You are the people God has called to be part of this vision.
@ As a leader in any department, your calling is divine.
2. MAMA MARIA IS A NAME AND A TITLE
>> Before she came here she was not Mama Maria, she was Maria Prean. But now ALL her children in Uganda call her Mama.
>> It is easy for her now to be called the new name, even in Europe, because this is who she is to us.
>> Her heartbeat is the children, not the buildings, the money, the fame she has but CHILDREN.
>> All that you see is because of her compassion and love she has for the people of Uganda.
>> For her Uganda is where her family is, the country has become her country, the people have become her people, her skin color doesn't matter to her.
3. WHAT WILL BE THE LEGACY MAMA MARIA WILL LEAVE FOR US?
>> HER LOVE FOR JESUS AND UGANDA
>> HER FAITH IN GOD
>> HER SACRIFICE IN LAYING HER LIFE FOR THE CONTINENT OF AFRICA.
>> HOW SHOULD WE RESPOND AS UGANDANS?
>> LOOK AT HOW JESUS PASSED OVER HIS DESIRED MINISTRY TO PETER. JOHN 21:15-17
Jesus met Peter after a fruitless night and gave them breakfast FIRST OF ALL. He always takes care of our immediate needs before it comes to the next mission.
It was Peter he was after, not the others. WHY? Because he was a leader. He asked him a heart searching question. "Simon, son of John, do you really love me more than all these?" – "Yes Lord, you know that I love you." – "Feed my lambs." The second time he repeated the same question. Peter answered the same thing again. Jesus told him, "Take care of my sheep." The third time he repeated this same question for EMPHASIS. "DO YOU LOVE ME?" Peter felt sad, and he told Jesus, "Lord you know all things." He told Peter, "Feed my lambs."
4. HOW DOES A FISHER MAN BECOME A SHEPHERD?
>>By imitating the Good Shepherd. Luke 5:10, "You will become fishers of man."
>>Peter and his friends followed Jesus for 3 years and learnt so much that they became Change agents. Acts 4:13, 17:6.
>>PETERS INSTRUCTIONS TO LEADERS: 1 PETER 5:1- 6.
1. Be shepherds to Gods flock under your care,
2. Serve them willingly.
3. Not greedy for money but serve them. He remembered Matt. 20:28.
4. Not loading it over them but be examples to them. Be a role model.
>>The reward is a crown of glory by the Chief shepherd when he comes.
>> This includes - Favor, honor, success, and long life.
WE CAN SEE THIS ALREADY IN THE LIFE OF MAMA MARIA ...
5. WHO WILL ADVANCE THIS VISION FOR AFRICA IN AFRICA??? YOU ARE THE ONES (SEATED HERE)!
>>>HOW WILL THIS VISION PROGRESS? WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
@ Prayer. Luke 11:1
@Fellowship. Acts 2:46
@ Giving to the ministry. Acts 4:34
@ Humility. Matt. 11:29
@ Holiness of life. 1.Peter 1:15-16
6. THE CHALLENGE
1. MAMA MARIA WAS SENT BY GOD TO US WITH A MISSION, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
2. THIS MISSION BELONGS TO GOD AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE TO MAMA MARIA BUT TO (HER) GOD.
3. HOW ARE WE GOING TO DISCIPLE OTHERS TO BE CHANGE AGENTS?
4. HOW SHALL WE MEET THE DEMAND OF THIS GENERATION FOR MENTORING?
5. WHAT WILL BE OUR HUMAN LEGACY?
6. IN THIS MINISTRY WHERE WE ARE, WHOM ARE YOU MENTORING?